Weekly Review And Preview. Lots Going On. You In?
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Moving in the Right Direction, but Still a Ways to Go
There’s no question that President Biden’s address this past week was movement in the right direction.
But there’s also no question that we still have a long way to go before we’re within striking distance of what the people really need. From Expanded and Improved Medicare for All (which is the only way we’ll see healthcare as a human right), and much more aggressive regulation of fracking and carbon fuel extraction in general, to effectively countering the historically awful voter suppression bills in state houses across the country and combating gun violence and hyper-aggressive police actions, we’ve been working and will continue to work to make the world a more peaceful, just, and environmentally sustainable place for all.
Join in the actions below, and together, we can make the change we so desperately need happen!
1) Help make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, May 2
4pm Eastern; 3pm Central; 2pm Mountain; 1pm Pacific/AZ; 12pm AK; 10am HI.
Join Dr. Bill Honigman and the authors of Medicare for All: A Citizen’s Guide Drs. Abdul El-Sayed, M.D., and Micah Johnson, M.D., as we discuss how we actually make healthcare a human right, along with our ongoing updates on COVID-19. If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
2) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here.
3) Help elect solid progressives like Nina Turner in upcoming special elections. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks. Sign up here.
4) For “Clicktivists,” here are easy action alerts and petitions. Support college for all, clean water for all, and sensible gun safety legislation here. Also, ask President Biden to lift the COVID relief sanctions, and tell Congress to support the new Medicare For All bill. Sign and share, and please let us know if you act.
5) Can’t volunteer? Then please contribute what you can afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to help us make a more progressive world for all.