Weekly Review And Preview. Join Us!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Thank You For Being You!
Let’s Get To Work, Together!
It’s been a long week as we continue to fight for economic, social, racial and environmental justice and peace. Trumpists like Matt Gaetz continue to show their true character—or lack thereof—while the trial of George Floyd’s killer brought us some of the most dramatic, heart-breaking testimony ever witnessed.
This darkness can be almost too much to bear. But, you, my fellow progressive, bring me hope.
Thank you so much for seeing that a better world is possible; that we are indeed each others’ keepers, and will stand in solidarity together to put an end to the many evils we see in each week’s news cycle.
We still have a long way to go, but we’re definitely moving in the right direction, so please be as active as you possibly can with us over the upcoming week.
Together, we can make the change we so desperately need happen!
1) Help make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, March 28
4pm Eastern; 3pm Central; 2pm Mountain; 1pm Pacific; 12pm AK; 11am HI.
Join Dr. Bill and policy experts and activists from across the country as we discuss the big Medicare For All Act of 2021 rollout and multiple ways you can get involved, as well as COVID-19 updates. If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
2) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here.
3) Help elect solid progressives like Nina Turner in upcoming special elections. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks. Sign up here.
4) For “Clicktivists,” here are easy action alerts and petitions. Support sensible gun safety legislation here. Then, support the Postal Banking Act and the Equal Rights Amendment. Also, ask President Biden to lift the COVID relief sanctions, and tell Congress to support the new Medicare For All bill. Sign and share, and please let us know if you act.
5) Can’t volunteer? Then please contribute what you can afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to help us make a more progressive world for all.