PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 8/21/21
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Critically Important Work Continues: Here’s How You Can Help this Week
Let’s face it: the past week has been brutal on several fronts.
But it’s in times like these that I revel in knowing that there are folks like you who still “get it.”
People who know we can make this world a better place if we simply keep moving forward, one step at a time, one person at a time.
The progressive agenda is worth all the hard work. Lives depend upon it.
- Help make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, Aug. 22
4pm Eastern;3pm Central;2pm Mountain;1pm Pacific/AZ;12pmAK;10amHI.
Special Guests:Health systems analystHenry Broeska, Ph.D., and laboratory scientistDavid Cohen, Ph.D., with updates on vaccines and other anti-COVID technologies, and special election run-off candidate for CA Assembly and Single Payer champion Janani Ramachandran(AD-18). If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
- Combat the attack on our right to vote.If you’re willing to join a peaceful street action near you, let us know and we’ll get you connected.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and end the filibuster in the Senate.Sign up here.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to make sure they’re in the know about important actions and candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us.Click here to join.
- For “Clicktivists”: Sign and share this petition to end the filibuster. Contact your Senators and tell them to expand Medicare coverage, invest in clean energy and infrastructure, and follow Bernie’s lead in the upcoming massive reconciliation bill. Also, tell them to pass theFor The People Act and theJohn Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, and to find a way around the filibuster if need be, and to head back to DC to ensure we get a bill against gerrymandering passed, minimum.“Like” our Facebook page, and/or follow us on Twitter,if you’re a social media maven.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it happen
Thanks so much for anything you can do today, tomorrow, and every day this week.