PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 8-05-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
Not Above the Law rally at St. Petersburg, FL, with coalition of PDA and St. Pete for Change
Of course the dominating news story this past week was/is Trump’s January 6th indictment. PDA activists across the country organized and/or participated in “Not Above The Law” rallies via a huge coalition effort.
We’re reveling in the victories for Tennessee State House Reps Justin Pearson and Justin Jones who took their House seats back, and our 501(c)(4) Progressives for Democracy in America is working to push out the vote in the Ohio Issue 1 election on August 8th. Get more information here.
In the upcoming week we’ll also combat the Climate Emergency, work for peace, and fight for social, economic, and racial justice, as always.
We’ll continue the struggle, 7 days a week, and we hope you’ll join us as well.
Just an hour here or there can make a real difference when it’s focused on a productive project.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: No Nukes, Trump Indictment Update, and More. On the anniversary of the dropping of the nuclear bomb on Hiroshima, we’ll feature world-renowned anti-nuke advocate Helen Caldicott. We’ll also update justice for insurrectionists and other issues vital to the movement. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
- Tell Democratic candidates: Reject support from AIPAC;
- Sign the petition: Support striking screenwriters and actors. Solidarity!
- Like and share this Instagram Video on country music’s Jason Aldean’s debacle;
- Become a Grassroots Co-Sponsor of Bernie’s College for All Act;
- Support Rep. Cori Bush’s Reparations Now Resolution;
- Tell Governors: Lead the Fight to Ban Book Bans Now;
- Tell the Biden Administration: Protect Child Workers from Corporate Exploitation;
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
- Tell Congress: Pass Medicare for All now!
- Stop union-busting at Trader Joe’s;
- Tell President Biden: Bring young people to the table;
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows. Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team