PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 7-15-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
As the weather continued to wreak havoc over the past week—only reinforcing that we must continue our work on the Climate Emergency—we’re proud to say our Special Event with Congressman Ro Khanna was an unqualified success.
We also want to thank all who participated in our coalition campaign to support Reps. Barbara Lee and Mark Pocan as they offered an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that would free $100 billion from the already bloated Pentagon budget, funding that should be redirected to more efficient, effective, and beneficial government operations and projects.
We’ve been advocating for Student Debt relief for years, and are pleased to see the Biden administration has not been deterred by the disappointing Supreme Court decision, and is now taking other steps towards $39bBillion in debt forgiveness.
Finally, we stood with striking workers over the past week, and will continue to work for social, economic, and racial justice; peace; and legal justice for all who break the law, regardless of if they were president or in another position of power. Nobody is above the law.
As we do every week, 52 weeks a year, we’ll continue to build our progressive movement by contacting voters and inviting them to join us as we work toward critical mass.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists and Corporate Democrats with Progressive Candidates and Policies. Featured Speaker: Congressional Candidate Aaron Regunberg, our endorsed candidate in the special election for RI-01. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
- Become a Grassroots Co-Sponsor of Bernie’s College for All Act;
- Support Rep. Cori Bush’s Reparations Now Resolution;
- Tell Governors: Lead the Fight to Ban Book Bans Now;
- Tell the Biden Administration: Protect Child Workers from Corporate Exploitation;
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
- Tell Congress: Pass Medicare for All now!
- Prioritize Working People & the Planet in any Indo-Pacific Trade Deal;
- Stop union-busting at Trader Joe’s;
- Tell President Biden: Bring young people to the table;
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Mastadon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or Tumblr if you’re a social media maven;
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows. Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team