PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 6-17-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
Of course, the Trump trial saga continues to dominate much of the news cycle, and after multiple nationwide coalition campaigns supporting “Nobody Is Above The Law” we’re glad to see our work move into the next stage towards justice.
At the same time we’re saddened that this has been required. Also we fear it’s becoming too much of a distraction as folks are glued to the TV and social media focused on something we as a movement can really do little about. It’s time for the courts to do their jobs, and time for us to stay focused on what we can all do with our time to actually make a difference in vital campaigns for change.
We will continue to work to help heal this nation and support a thriving democracy and transparent rule of law by getting out of our silos and talking to voters/potential voters.
We’ll also continue our work for social, economic, racial, and environmental justice, and peace, by doing the same.
We’re hitting phones and doors hard for the upcoming primary in VA until polls close June 20.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists With Progressive Candidates and Policies: Juneteenth, Reparations, and More. Special Guest Pastor Redeem Robinson will address the importance of Juneteenth, we’ll discuss Rep. Cori Bush’s Reparations Bill, and remember Daniel Ellsberg. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
2) Join the National Phone Team. Sign up with this juggernaut and make a real difference an hour here, an hour there, on your schedule. Sign up here, let us know what day you can set an hour aside, and we’ll get you cookin’ calling fellow PDA folks. We’ll make sure you’re doing something easy but productive!
3) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
4) For “Clicktivists”—Sign/Share:
- Tell Governors: Lead the Fight to Ban Book Bans Now;
- Tell the Biden Administration: Protect Child Workers from Corporate Exploitation;
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
- Tell Congress: Pass Medicare for All now!
- Prioritize Working People & the Planet in any Indo-Pacific Trade Deal;
- Stop union-busting at Trader Joe’s;
- Tell President Biden: Bring young people to the table;
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Mastadon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or Tumblr if you’re a social media maven;
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows.
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team