PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 6-11-22
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Much Done, and Much More To Do:
Here’s How You Can Help Us Win This Week
After helping to bring victories home in last Tuesday’s primaries, we piled on to produce in-person events and a national live stream event around the January 6th Commission hearings, organized to help make the March for Our Lives events a success, and continued to help those progressives with primaries coming up cross the finish line first.
Yeah, we’ve been kinda busy. And that’s not changing.
So join PDA activists nationwide, in every state of the union, as we show solidarity with each other and our community as a whole to make the world a better place for all.
Pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
- Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: January 6th Commission Hearings, Combatting Gun Violence, and Getting Progressives Elected. Featuring progressive rock star congressional candidate David Palmer and activists across the country discussing next steps to save our democracy and combat gun violence. RSVP here
- Join A March For Our Lives Rally Near You. Hundreds going on across the country today! If you attend, get a pic of you with the whole crowd in the background and send it to us. We’re putting a collage together to go viral!
- Join the National Phone Team Doing GOTV for Tuesday, June 14, primaries. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about the election and our endorsed candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. We need our phones on fire to bring home these victories! Click here to join.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.’
- For “Clicktivists”: Tell the Senate to End The Filibuster on Gun Safety. Sign the petition to support Bernie’s new Expanded and Improved Medicare for All Bill. Sign the petition to Senators Murkowski and Collins to tell them to atone for their support of right-wing judges. Tell Congress to make the nation’s first Climate Reserve. Tell Congress to pass a tax on major carbon-based fuel companies. Tell President Biden to use his powers to ramp up a green response to Putin and rising fuel prices.
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven.
- Then please let us know if you act.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can.
There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to ramp up our victories in 2022. Hope to see you soon!