PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 5-13-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
We’ve been working to help make Housing a Human Right, and bring economic, social, racial, and environmental justice for all. Our 501(c)(4) sister organization—Progressives for Democracy in America—has been working to help local progressive candidates with elections right around the corner.
We look forward to continuing this work, helping to bring home victories in PA on Tuesday, and piling on with the national coalition effort around the introduction of the new Medicare for All bills dropping in the Senate and House this week.
We hope that you and yours have a wonderful Mother’s Day, and are able to express your appreciation for one or more of our sisters.
And please, let’s all stand for all mothers worldwide by doing our level best to make the world a better place for all of their children.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together.
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: New Medicare for All Bills Dropping, New Trade Deals Coming, and Defeating Trumpists with Progressive Candidates and Policies. Big Sunday with featured speaker and co-author of the House version of the new Medicare for All Bill, Rep. Debbie Dingell (MI-06). Then Global Trade watch analyst Ryan Harvey will tell us about the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework, a massive new trade pact with huge implications for labor, the environment, and our overall economic welfare. Plus, ways we can all help bring in wins for great progressives in the local elections in PA on Tuesday. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
- Prioritize Working People & the Planet in Indo-Pacific Trade Deal;
- Stop union-busting at Trader Joe’s;
- Tell President Biden: Bring young people to the table;
- Support Taxing Wealth Like Work;
- Tell President Biden to sign only a clean debt ceiling bill with no cuts to the social safety net. Then contact your House Member and Senators;
- Tell New York to televise Trump’s trial;
Sign the petition to support the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau;
- Demand Congress act to pass the Billionaire Minimum Income Tax;
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Mastadon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or Tumblr if you’re a social media maven;
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team