PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 3-25-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
In addition to combating attacks on the social safety net and standing with labor for a living wage and healthcare for all, for justice for Trump and his insurrectionists, and for peace at home and abroad, our sister organization is laser focused on bringing home progressive victories in the Wisconsin Supreme Court race, the Chicago Mayor’s race, and in other local elections across the country between now and April 4.
Please consider picking one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together. We need you in the game today!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: We Continue to Grow the Progressive Movement. Featured Guest: Award-winning Actress, Activist, and PDA Board Member Mimi Kennedy, live from our Tucson Chapter’s 11th Anniversary Celebration. (If you’re in Tucson, contact Mike Fox to get a ticket to the live event). We’ll discuss actions and elections taking place around the country and how you can be a part of a thriving PDA chapter locally. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
2) Join the National Phone Team. Sign up with this juggernaut and make a real difference an hour here, an hour there, on your schedule. Sign up here, let us know what day you can set an hour aside, and we’ll get you cookin’ calling fellow PDA folks. We’ll make sure you’re doing something easy but productive!
3) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
4) For “Clicktivists”:
- Tell New York to Televise Trump’s Trial;
- Demand Testimony from Silicon Valley and Signature Bank Execs;
- Sign the petition to support the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau;
- Tell Congress to Protect 80,000 Afghan refugees. Pass the Afghan Adjustment Act;
- Tell President Biden to sign only a clean debt ceiling bill with no cuts to the social safety net. Then contact your House Member and Senators;
- Demand Congress act to pass the Billionaire Minimum Income Tax;
- Ban members of Congress from buying and selling individual stocks;
- Demand that Congress kick corrupt George Santos out;
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Mastadon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or Tumblr if you’re a social media maven;
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Thanks so much for anything you can do.
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team