PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 11-11-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand. The struggle continues….
Today we recognize Armstice/Veterans day, and will continue honoring the sacrifices put in by military personnel and their families by continuing to fight for their benefits, and working for peace by calling for an immediate ceasefire in the Israel/Palestine conflict.
This past Tuesday we were thrilled to see campaigns that our activists worked on in Virginia, Ohio, and elsewhere via Progressive Democrats of America or affiliated 501(c)(4) Progressives for Democracy in America were victorious. This is an encouraging sign for 2024, but we must keep working hard.
We continue to show solidarity with UAW workers in the lead-up to their vote on the negotiated contracts, and look forward to supporting their efforts organizing within the other automobile manufacturers.
We’ll continue this work and more over the upcoming week, as we struggle for social, economic, racial, and environmental justice, justice in the courts, and peace in the streets domestically and abroad.
We at PDA see it as our jobs to keep up the struggle, 7 days a week, and we hope you’ll join us as well.
Just an hour here or there can make a real difference when it’s focused on a productive project.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists with Progressive Candidates and Policies with Special Focus on Saving the Social Safety Net while Preventing a MAGA-led Shutdown We are excited to have Alex Lawson of Social Security Works providing an overview of what’s coming in the fight to prevent a shutdown even as another credit-rating agency lowers the U.S. credit outlook. We’ll also debrief our wins on Tuesday, and lay out how we build on that momentum. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
2) Join the National Phone Team. Sign up with this juggernaut and make a real difference an hour here, an hour there, on your schedule. Sign up here, let us know what day you can set an hour aside, and we’ll get you cookin’ calling fellow PDA folks. We’ll make sure you’re doing something easy but productive!
3) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
4) For “Clicktivists”—Sign/Share:
- Click to say “We need bold reforms to fix Washington“;
- Sign if you agree: Speaker Mike Johnson is a dangerous extremist;
- Sign the petition: Make voter registration automatic nationwide;
- #NoDAPL — Stop the Dakota Access Pipeline Now!
- Sign to support the resolution in Congress for immediate de-escalation and ceasefire in Israel and occupied Palestine;
- Sign the petition: Make sick leave accessible for everyone;
- Tell Congress and the White House: The clean economy must be unionized;
- Tell Corporate Leaders: Stop Ignoring Climate Change;
- We Must Preserve DACA!
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows. Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team