FRIDAY: Join a Solidarity with Starbucks Workers event near you
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Friday, December 9th, Show Solidarity with Starbucks Workers Trying to Unionize
Starbucks workers are standing up across the country to unionize for workplace justice: living wages, better conditions, and the like. Management is fighting back hard.
Time for us to show our Starbucks brothers and sisters that we support their efforts.
- Arlington, VA – 2100 Clarendon Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22201 – 5pm
- Atlanta, GA King Center, 450 Auburn Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30312 – 2pm
- Boston, MA – 26 West St., Boston, MA 02111 – 5:30pm
- Buffalo, NY – Niagara Square, Buffalo, NY 14202 – 4pm
- Chicago, IL – Federal Plaza, 210 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60604 – 12pm
- Los Angeles, CA – Florence Nightingale Middle School, 3311 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90065 7am
- NYC, NY– City Hall Park, Broadway &, Park St, New York, NY 10007 – 1:30pm
- Pittsburgh, PA – Market Square, 7 Market Square, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 – 12pm
- San Antonio, TX – Labor Plaza, 500 E Market St, San Antonio, TX 78205 – 12pm,
- Seattle, WA – Cal Anderson Park (north end), 951 E Denny Way, Seattle, WA 98102 – 3pm
No event near you? Then just print out one of these signs, head to a local Starbucks, take a photo, and then upload the photo on social media using the hashtag #SBWU1YearStrong and tagging @sbworkersunited and @starbucks. And please let us know you’ve done so we can share your post as well.
Want to be a part of the PDA Labor Issues Organizing Team? Serve with other PDA activists across the country to strategize and organize actions that support labor. Let us know.
Thanks so much for anything you can do.