All Aboard for High-Speed Rail: Green Infrastructure for the 21st Century
Alan Minsky for the PDA National Team
Join with PDA, AOC, and the Teamsters:
Let’s Get High-Speed Rail Built Across the USA
Yesterday morning at a press conference outside Union Station in Washington, DC, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rep. Seth Moulton, and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand joined with PDA’s partners at the United States High Speed Rail Association and the Teamsters to call upon Congress and the Biden Administration to make High-Speed Rail a priority in the pending infrastructure legislation.
Our rationale for supporting High-Speed Rail is as simple as it is persuasive:
High-Speed Rail exists across the world, but not in the United States. If we built High-Speed Rail here it would be
- The foundation of a new national transportation system
- 100% carbon free
- It would deliver passengers from Downtown Dallas to Downtown Houston, from Chicago to Saint Louis, from Seattle to Portland, and from NYC to DC faster than air travel
- It would generate a boom in domestic manufacturing and construction
- It could guarantee “just transition” jobs for all oil and gas workers
- Plus millions of more high-wage jobs and…
- It would be Super-Cool
PDA says Yes to that! And so would the American people if they heard about it.
PDA is going to be running a campaign in support of High-Speed Rail. Help us get the word out.
Please contact your Member of Congress and ask that they co-sponsor H.R.1845, and support the allocation of funds as part of the America Jobs Plan, to build a national high-speed rail system. Then let us know when you’ve done so.