What Was And What’s Coming: COVID, Stimulus, and More
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Busy Past Week And Another Coming. Join Us!
As Texas and other states have been reeling from a horrific climate disaster, Ted Cruz shows his total lack of empathy with his tone-deaf trip to Cancun, while AOC raises over $2 million for direct relief for Texans. Proof once again that progressives are the ones who get things done while the hard right either does nothing or makes matters worse.
Meanwhile, Republican Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues to bungle the COVID-19 response while ordering flags at half-staff for Rush Limbaugh. (I won’t speak ill of the dead and will just let that settle with you.)
All along, we were working to help make sure H.R.1 got 100 percent support from the House Democrats (success!), and pressuring Congress to pass a COVID-19 bill that’s even more aggressive than President Biden’s. Plus, we’ve been advocating for a living wage, college debt relief, racial justice, an answer to the Climate Emergency, and more.
Join us as we continue the struggle!
1) Help make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, February 21
4pm Eastern; 3pm Central; 2pm Mountain; 1pm Pacific; 12pm AK; 11am HI.
Join us as we discuss the vaccine rollout and campaigns to make the country a healthier place for all. If you haven’t already, RSVP here.
2) Learn About the “$66 Fix” to provide tuition-free college.
Tuition Free College Town Hall
Sunday, February 21
7pm Eastern; 6pm Central; 5pm Mountain; 4pm Pacific; 3pm AK; 2pm HI
If you haven’t already, RSVP here.
3) Support justice for insurrectionist House Members by asking your US House member to co-sign Rep. Cori Bush’s call to hold them accountable. Please let us know if you act.
4) Help elect solid progressives like Nina Turner in upcoming special elections. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks. Sign up here.
5) Can’t volunteer? Then please contribute what you can afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to help us make a more progressive world for all.