Weekly Review And Preview. The Filibuster And Much More.
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
We Don’t Filibuster. We Get To Work!
From more tragic mass shootings to McConnell once again proving that Senators Sinema and Manchin’s calls for bi-partisanship will go on deaf Trumper ears, this week had its share of challenging news.
But as always, we at PDA can see a brighter future as we continue to work hard to make a more progressive tomorrow. From our exclusive event this past week with progressive icon Dennis Kucinich* outlining his new book on how he beat the corporate power company in Cleveland to our everlasting work for social, economic, racial and environmental justice and peace, we continue to help elect progressive champions and support progressive legislation.
Why? Because the future demands it.
Join in the actions below, and together, we can make the change we so desperately need happen!
1) Help make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, May 30
4pm Eastern; 3pm Central; 2pm Mountain; 1pm Pacific/AZ; 12pm AK; 10am HI.
Join Dr. Bill Honigman and activists and policy experts across the country as we work to make healthcare a human right, in addition to our ongoing updates on COVID-19. If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
2) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and bring an end to the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
3) Help elect solid progressives like Nina Turner in upcoming special elections. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks. Sign up here.
4) For “Clicktivists,” here are easy action alerts and petitions. Help us make the recent child tax credit permanent. Support clean water for all, and sensible gun safety legislation, and tell Congress to support the new Medicare For All bill. Sign and share, and please let us know if you act.
5) Can’t volunteer? Then please contribute what you can afford and make it monthly if you can.
There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to help us make a more progressive world for all.
*If you missed the Kucinich event, click here for the recording. You’ll be inspired!