Weekly Review And Preview. Lots Going On. You In?
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
We Had A Big Week, Now Let’s Make The Upcoming One Even Bigger!
Whew, we had a big week this week!
Not only were we fighting for healthcare for all, aggressive social, economic, racial, and environmental justice bills, along with peace in the Middle East and elsewhere, we had our most successful online event ever with progressive firebrand Nina Turner this past Wednesday! (If you couldn’t join us, let me know and you’ll be first in line for our next event with her.)
While the Matt Gaetz-Marjorie Taylor Greene-Liz Cheney-Trumpsters train wreck continues, we’re staying focused on ways to get policies passed and candidates elected who will actually get the work of the people done, and address the problems we have as a country.
Join in the actions below, and together, we can make the change we so desperately need happen!
1) Help make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, May 16
4pm Eastern; 3pm Central; 2pm Mountain; 1pm Pacific/AZ; 12pm AK; 10am HI.
Join Dr. Bill Honigman and Healthy CA Now Single Payer Coalition Chair and PDA National Advisory Board Member Michael Lighty as we address ways that further state level efforts to intersect with those at the federal level for reaching our unified goal, plus our ongoing updates on COVID-19. If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
2) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here.
3) Help elect solid progressives like Nina Turner in upcoming special elections. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks. Sign up here.
4) For “Clicktivists,” here are easy action alerts and petitions. Support college for all, clean water for all, and sensible gun safety legislation here. Also, help us make the recent child tax credit permanent and tell Congress to support the new Medicare For All bill. Sign and share, and please let us know if you act.
5) Can’t volunteer? Then please contribute what you can afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to help us make a more progressive world for all.