PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 1-28-23. Join us!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Much Done, and Much More to Do:
Here’s How We Can All Help Bring Home Wins
This past week we’ve been focused on combating the radical Trumpists in Congress who are trying to hold Social Security, Medicare, and other social safety net programs hostage in the debt ceiling negotiations by organizing our folks to flood their members of Congress with calls and emails. (Have you contacted your House Rep and Senators, yet? See links, below.)
We’ve also been campaigning for Jennifer McClellan in her special election in VA-04, along with standing with striking workers, demanding gun legislation, calling for police reform and racial justice, and working for peace in Ukraine.
We’re looking forward to another jam-packed week upcoming, and we hope you’ll be joining us.
Please consider picking one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together. We need you in the game today!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Rep. Cori Bush! We’ll discuss how we can beat back the Trumpist attacks on vital social programs and other justice issues with progressive powerhouse Cori Bush. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
2) Join the National Phone Team. Sign up with this juggernaut and make a real difference an hour here, an hour there, on your schedule. Sign up here, let us know what day you can set an hour aside, and we’ll get you cookin’ calling fellow PDA folks. We’ll make sure you’re doing something easy but productive!
3) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
4) For “Clicktivists”:
- Tell President Biden to only sign a clean debt ceiling bill with no cuts to the social safety net. Then contact your House Member and Senators.
- Ban members of Congress from buying and selling individual stocks;
- Demand that Congress kick corrupt George Santos out;
- Get Congress to secure needed funding for the IRS;
- Keep Ilhan Omar on the Foreign Relations Committee.
- Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Mastodon, if you’re a social media maven.