Wednesday Livestream: Where Does The Medicare For All Movement Go From Here?
Alan Minsky for Mike F., Mike H., Donna, Deb, Kimberly, Bryan, Dr. Bill, Dan, and Janis—your PDA national team
Progressive Democrats of America (PDA) calls on the Democratic Party to lead the way during the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re at a crossroads in the battle to bring a sane, humane, and more cost-efficient and medically responsible health care system to the United States.
We understand there is no legitimate argument against replacing the exploitative, dysfunctional, and profiteering private health insurance racket with a unified and universal single-payer government managed health insurance system.
Yet, Bernie Sanders, who “wrote the damn bill,” did not win the Democratic nomination for President even though his signature issue had majority support among Democratic voters.
Instead, Joe Biden, a friend to the health insurance industry and a staunch opponent of Medicare for All, is the Party’s nominee—and he’s a heavy favorite to be the next President.
- Given all of this, how should Medicare for All advocates approach the upcoming Democratic Party Convention?
- How should pro-Medicare for All delegates register their dissent?
- Should they try to organize non-Sanders delegates, the overwhelming majority of whom are Biden delegates? Or is that futile?
- What’s the best course of action to take at the convention to strengthen the Medicare for All movement for the long term?
- How should the M4A movement engage the Biden campaign throughout the fall?
- In the wake of Bernie’s defeat, how do we adjust our strategy to win a single-payer health care system in the country?
All of these questions and more will be addressed this Wednesday at 8pm ET / 5pm PT on PDA’s national Medicare for All livestream hosted by Senator Nina Turner with guests Dr. Victoria Dooley and Rep. Rashida Tlaib. To register for the livestream e-mail PDA’s Mike Fox
This event is co-sponsored by RootsAction, Our Revolution, the Bernie Delegates Network, People for Bernie, and OnceAgain.
Medicare for All will not only be a winning issue in November—it promises to be a landslide-winning issue!
For the sake of our general welfare, and for defeating Donald Trump and Congressional Trumpublicans, we call on the Democratic Party to include Medicare for All in the 2020 Democratic Party platform.
Please Click Here to sign the petition: Include Medicare for All in the Democratic Party Platform. Then please share this petition on social media and via email.
P.S.: Election Day, November 3rd, is less than 100 days away! Voters will choose leadership that will determine the course of our future on healthcare, climate, racial justice, redistricting, and so much more. We need your sustained, monthly donations to elect Progressive Democrats to Congress.