Trump, COVID-19, Getting Progressives Elected And More
In solidarity with a better tomorrow,
Mike Fox for your PDA National Team
We Know It’s Dark, but There’s Sunshine Over the Horizon
It’s been a crazy busy week in PDAland, as always. After Trump’s unhinged performance on the debate stage, followed by his COVID-19 diagnosis, these are “interesting” times.
But one thing is for sure: we’ll continue to fight to make the world a more progressive place for all.
We need a full court press in these pressing issues, below. Are you ready to save our democracy, together?
1) We’ve been working, and must continue to work, to soundly defeat Trump, and get our progressive champions in Congress some allies. If you’re willing to make calls into swing states to help ensure record progressive turnout, let us know. Want to help one of these tremendous progressive congressional candidates? Click here to volunteer.
2) As we close in on 210K US COVID-19 deaths — many of which were totally preventable — we held vigils in the street, contacted Congress and other elected officials, and now ask you join our Healthcare Emergency Virtual Town Hall Sunday, Oct. 4 at 4pm ET/1pm PT. We’ll be discussing ways to stay healthy, and the road to healthcare as a human right. Click here to RSVP and receive the secure codes. Can’t make the call? Volunteer for healthcare here.
3) When Justice Ginsburg passed, we joined in vigils across the country, honoring her inspirational life, and we’ve made the commitment to fight to ensure that Trump and McConnell will not get another seat on the Supreme Court. Let us know if you’re willing to either make calls or get in the street with us.
4) We have stood in solidarity with Breonna Taylor in non-violent protests across the country, and will continue to work until Breonna, her family, and the countless other victims and family members across the country receive justice. Let us know if you will make calls or get in the street.
5) We’ve been fighting, and will continue to fight, against the inhumane acts by ICE: from breaking up families, to sterilizations, and their role in militaristic actions in cities across the country. Let us know if you’ll make calls or get in the street.
The only way we’re going to see victory is if you and I and everyone who reads this reaches down deep to do everything we physically can. If that means joining a safe, socially-distanced street action or making some phone calls from home instead of watching a movie, so be it.
Our physical safety, our democracy, and our legacies as Americans hang in the balance.
Thank you so much for anything you can do.