Stop The Madness—Vote!
Debra Schrishuhn and Dan O’Neal for Alan, Mike F., Janis, Mike H., Donna, Dr. Bill, Kimberly, and Bryan—your PDA National Team
On Monday, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) announced that international students face deportation if their universities offer online-only instruction because of the pandemic. This bizarre pronouncement serves two political objectives for Trump’s re-election goals:
- Continues racist and xenophobic limitations on immigration by people of color (the largest numbers of international students come from China and India);
- Forces reopening of campuses despite public health risks to project a false sense of normalcy during the uncontrolled pandemic.
In 2018, international students contributed an estimated $45 billion to the U.S. economy. The ICE rule change could affect some 1.2 million students at more than 8,700 institutions.
- Trump doubled the rejection rate for veterans requesting family deportation protections on July 5, 2018;
- Trump denied a U.S. Marine of 6 years entry into the U.S. for his citizenship interview (reported July 17, 2019);
- On August 2, 2019, Trump requisitioned military retirement funds for border wall construction;
- In September 2019, the Pentagon pulled funds for military schools, military housing funds, and daycare to pay for Trump’s border wall;
- As of August 28, 2019, children of deployed U.S. troops are no longer guaranteed citizenship, including those of U.S. troops posted abroad for years at a time;
- Veterans’ graves will be dug up for the border wall, with Trump telling officials he would pardon them if they break the law by illegally seizing property.
Since our founding in 2004, Progressive Democrats of America, (PDA) has fought against misuse of the U.S. military by trying to end wars and occupations.
Misappropriation of military funds, desecration of graves for border wall construction, and denial of basic services and citizenship to immigrant veterans is blatant disrespect for those who serve in the military.
The bottom line is that we need compassionate, progressive leadership. Vote for progressive champions on November 3, and support PDA’s GOTV efforts with your generous donation of $50, $20.20, or $10 today.
P.S. Election Day is coming up in less than four months. We need your help now. Please sign up with our Phone Team. No time to volunteer? Please donate $5, $50, or whatever you can afford each month to help PDA and our allies stand up against Trump.