PDA Weekly Review And Preview.
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
The Important Work Continues
From more tragic mass shootings in New York and Ohio to Republican Governors and State Houses’ continued attacks on our voting rights, this week had its share of challenging news.
But as always, we at PDA can see a brighter future as we work hard to make a more progressive tomorrow.
We’re proud to be standing with the LGBTQ+ community during Pride month, and have ramped up our work for social, economic, racial and environmental justice and peace over the past week and will continue to help elect progressive champions and support progressive legislation.
And the key to all of this is you!
Join in one or more of the actions below, and together, we can make the change we so desperately need happen!
1) Help make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, June 6
4pm Eastern; 3pm Central; 2pm Mountain; 1pm Pacific/AZ; 12pm AK; 10am HI.
Join Dr. Bill Honigman and special guest Rep. Joe Neguse (D CO-02) as we work to make healthcare a human right, in addition to our ongoing updates on COVID-19. If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
2) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and stop the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
3) Help elect solid progressives like Nina Turner in upcoming special elections. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks and more. Sign up here.
4) For “Clicktivists,” here are easy action alerts and petitions. Help us make the recent child tax credit permanent. Support clean water for all, and sensible gun safety legislation, and tell Congress to support the new Medicare For All bill. Sign and share, and please let us know if you act.
5) Can’t volunteer? Then please contribute what you can afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to help us make a more progressive world for all.