PDA Weekly Review And Preview. Lots Going On. You In?
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Moving in the Right Direction, but Still a Ways to Go
The good news: Giuliani, Trump, Gaetz, and the rest of the criminal cabal of Trumpsters are getting closer to a day in court, and President Biden is pushing hard for a jobs and infrastructure bill that is getting some support from Republican electeds at the local level.
The challenge: as always, the right wing continues to tout the Big Lie about a stolen election; states like Florida, Georgia, and Texas are passing hellish voter supression laws; Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has tossed aside any façade of supposed bi-partisan engagement and has now positioned himself exactly the way he did during the Obama administration. Republicans will offer no solutions to the problems facing our country, and will simply obstruct.
So—as always—we have a busy week before us to combat the destruction of Democracy at the hands of Trumpists, and to continue to stand with the majority that sees progressive action as the light for our way forward.
Please be as active as you can on the following:
1) Help save lives and make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, May 9
4pm Eastern; 3pm Central; 2pm Mountain; 1pm Pacific/AZ; 12pm AK; 10am HI.
Join Dr. Bill Honigman and Dr. Chuck Pennacchio, Ph.D. for a special Mother’s Day Town Hall as we discuss the state-by-state approach to Single Payer Healthcare for all, along with our ongoing updates on COVID-19. If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
3) Help elect solid progressives like Nina Turner in upcoming special elections. Join ourexclusive Town Hall with Nina Wednesday, May 13, at 8pm ET/5pm PT. We’ll be discussing how we can all be a part of her winning campaign for the U.S. House in OH-11.
3) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here.
4) For “Clicktivists,” here are easy action alerts and petitions. Support college for all, clean water for all, and sensible gun safety legislation here. Also, ask President Biden to lift the COVID relief sanctions, and tell Congress to support the new Medicare For All bill. Sign and share, and please let us know if you act.
5) Can’t volunteer? Then please contribute what you can afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to help us make a more progressive world for all.