PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 9/25/21
In solidarity, Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Critically Important Work Continues: Here’s How You Can Help this Week
We’ve been fighting for a federal reconciliation bill that is maximally robust with expanded Medicare benefits, standing for the passage of the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act (vote expected next week), along with supporting prosecution of Jan. 6th insurrectionists, and working for justice for Afghan refugees.
Join us as we keep putting one foot in front of the other, getting closer to our goal of a more progressive world for all.
- Help make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, Sept. 26, 4pm Eastern
Special Guest Speakers: Legislative Director for National Nurses United Amirah Sequeira, and a deep dive on the economics of drugs and the costly effect on all of us of their overpricing from Healthcare Economist Dr. Jerry Friedman, Ph.D., author of the book, The Case for Medicare for All. If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and end the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about important actions and candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. Click here to join.
- For “Clicktivists”: Sign and share this petition to help Afghan refugees and provide humanitarian aid in-county. Sign to end the filibuster. Contact your Senators and tell them to expand Medicare coverage and negotiate drug prices, put an end to fossil fuel subsidies, and follow Bernie’s lead in general in the upcoming massive reconciliation bill. Also, tell them to pass the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, and to find a way around the filibuster if need be.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today, tomorrow, and every day this week.