PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 9-17-22
Much Done, and Much More to Do:
Here’s How You Can Help Us Win this Week
As we recognize and celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, we’re proud to be standing with the over 60 million Hispanic Americans, Latinos, Latinas, and Latinx-identifying people who are a key element in developing a stronger and more just America for all.
This past week we’ve been working to get progressives elected who will stand for a woman’s right to make decisions about her body, defend our democracy, and make sure all citizens of age have the opportunity to have their votes cast and counted in a transparent, verifiable, and protected way.
We will continue working to combat the Climate Emergency, champion Expanded and Improved Medicare for All, support economic justice via the 21st-Century Economic Bill of Rights, and promote peace worldwide and at home.
Join PDA activists nationwide, in every state of the Union, as we show solidarity with each other and our community as a whole to make the world a better place for all.
Pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together. We need you in the game today!
- Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpist MAGA Republicans and their authoritarian agenda. Join special guests Ralph Nader and David Green as they discuss their recent release “Crushing the GOP 2022.” We’ll discuss ways you ways you can make a real difference, and you’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about upcoming elections for our endorsed candidates and other important projects. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us, even if all you can invest is an hour. We need our phones on fire every day to bring home these victories! Click here to join.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
- For “Clicktivists”:
- Tell CA Gov. Gavin Newsom to sign the bill to help get big money out of politics.
- Stop Manchin’s attempted giveaway to the fossil fuels industry.
- Tell President Biden to declare a Climate Emergency.
- Sign the petition to help us get the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) certified NOW.
- Tell Congress to enact federal abortion protections.
- Sign the petition to Senators Murkowski and Collins, telling them to atone for their support of right-wing judges.
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven.
- Then please let us know about your activism.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can.
There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to ramp up our victories in 2022. Hope to see you soon!