PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 9-16-23
Yet another busy week in PDALand. It just never slows down.
As Kevin McCarthy has tried his best to lose his Speakership with insane Biden impeachment drivel and his caucus blows up over just HOW to destroy the federal government with a potential shutdown, and Trump and his insurrectionist lackeys get closer and closer to justice, we’ve been working hard on actions and campaigns where we can make a real difference in outcomes.
For example: the huge campaign around the upcoming #EndFossilFuels events across the country on Sunday (where we’ll be live streaming to our weekly Sunday town hall) and our Congressional Liaison team’s organizing for the renewed push on Congress and President Biden to declare a #ClimateEmergency.
In addition, we’ll continue working with and for labor, showing solidarity with striking UAW workers and others, and standing for peace and social, economic, and racial justice, as always.
We’ll keep up the struggle, 7 days a week, and we hope you’ll join us as well.
Just an hour here or there can make a real difference when it’s focused on a productive project.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists with Progressive Candidates and Policies. Focus: The Climate Emergency
This week we’ll be streaming live with our PDA team on the ground in the NYC march to #EndFossilFuels. We’ll be catching dignitaries there as well, so you don’t want to miss this one! You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
- We Must Preserve DACA!
Call on the U.S. Senate and Department of Justice to Initiate a Formal Investigation of Clarence Thomas Now;
- Tell Democratic candidates: Reject support from AIPAC;
- Sign the petition: Support striking screenwriters and actors—Solidarity!
- Become a Grassroots Co-Sponsor of Bernie’s College for All Act;
- Support Rep. Cori Bush’s Reparations Now Resolution;
- Tell Governors: Lead the Fight to Ban Book Bans Now;
- Tell the Biden Administration: Protect Child Workers from Corporate Exploitation;
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows. Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team