PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 9-09-23
Yet another busy week in PDALand. It just never slows down.
While Trump and his insurrectionist and authoritarian cohorts have dominated the news cycle over the past week, we’ve been keeping our eyes on the ball and staying focused on actions and campaigns where we can make a real difference in outcomes.
For example: the huge campaign around the upcoming #EndFossilFuels events across the country, and our Congressional Liaison team’s organizing for the renewed push on Congress and President Biden to declare a #ClimateEmergency.
In addition, we’ll continue working with and for labor, showing solidarity with striking workers, and standing for peace and social, economic, and racial justice, as always.
We’ll keep up the struggle, 7 days a week, and we hope you’ll join us as well.
Just an hour here or there can make a real difference when it’s focused on a productive project.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists with Progressive Candidates and Policies.
This week we roll out the 21st-Century Rural New Deal. We’ll also provide an update on the Climate Emergency campaign, and the latest on Trump’s road to justice. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
2) Join the National Phone Team. Sign up with this juggernaut and make a real difference an hour here, an hour there, on your schedule. Sign up here, let us know what day you can set an hour aside, and we’ll get you cookin’ calling fellow PDA folks. We’ll make sure you’re doing something easy but productive!
3) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
4) For “Clicktivists”—Sign/Share:
- Call on the U.S. Senate and Department of Justice to Initiate a Formal Investigation of Clarence Thomas Now;
- Tell Democratic candidates: Reject support from AIPAC;
- Sign the petition: Support striking screenwriters and actors—Solidarity!
- Like and share this Instagram Video on country music’s Jason Aldean’s debacle;
- Become a Grassroots Co-Sponsor of Bernie’s College for All Act;
- Support Rep. Cori Bush’s Reparations Now Resolution;
- Tell Governors: Lead the Fight to Ban Book Bans Now;
- Tell the Biden Administration: Protect Child Workers from Corporate Exploitation;
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows. Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team