PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 8/28/21
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Critically Important Work Continues: Here’s How You Can Help this Week
We are proud of our PDA folks who were with us this past week as we’ve fought for voting rights for all, justice for Afghan refugees, a reconciliation bill that is maximally robust, and more.
Join us as we keep putting one foot in front of the other, getting closer to our goal of a more progressive world for all.
- Help make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, Aug. 29
4pm Eastern; 3pm Central; 2pm Mountain; 1pm Pacific/AZ; 12pm AK; 10am HI.
Special Guest: passionate and outspoken champion for Medicare for All and Healthcare Justice and Executive Director of Social Security Works Alex Lawson, to discuss those particular Medicare expansion elements of what is now being called the Build Back Better Act. If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
- Join the National Justice Roundtable on Monday, Aug. 30, 1-5pm ET. Amazing lineup of speakers—including our own Exec. Dir. Alan Minsky—addressing social, economic, racial, and environmental justice. Action opportunities abound!
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and end the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to make sure they’re in the know about important actions and candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. Click here to join.
- For “Clicktivists”: Sign and share this petition to help Afghan refugees and provide humanitarian aid in county. Sign to end the filibuster. Contact your Senators and tell them to expand Medicare coverage, invest in clean energy and infrastructure, and follow Bernie’s lead in the upcoming massive reconciliation bill. Also, tell them to pass the For The People Act and the John Lewis Voting Act, and to find a way around the filibuster if need be, and to head back to DC to ensure we get a bill against gerrymandering passed, minimum. “Like” our Facebook page, and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today, tomorrow, and every day this week.