PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 8-27-22
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
We’ve been pushing hard for our endorsed candidates of late, and we’re glad to see we helped bring home the revolutionary primary win for potentially the first Gen Z person in the US House: Maxwell Frost from, of all places, Florida.
We will continue that electoral work for our endorsed candidates, and continue to press Congress and the White House to do the right thing. While the Reduce Inflation Act didn’t have all we wanted, nor President Biden’s executive action reducing student debt, they are moves in the right direction, and we’ll continue to push for more progressive policies.
Join PDA activists nationwide, in every state of the union, as we show solidarity with each other and our community as a whole to make the world a better place for all.
Pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together. We need you in the game today!
- Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: How We Beat Trumpists with Progressive Policies and Candidates, Featuring David Segal. Join us as we discuss building on the recent legislative energy and winning more upcoming primaries. Special Guest: Co-Founder of Demand Progress David Segal, currently running for Congress. You’ll leave inspired, energized, and organized. RSVP here.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about upcoming elections for our endorsed candidates and other important projects. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us, even if all you can invest is an hour. We need our phones on fire every day to bring home these victories! Click here to join.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
- For “Clicktivists”: Tell President Biden to declare a Climate Emergency. Sign the petition to help us get the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) certified NOW. Tell Congress to enact federal abortion protections. Sign the petition demanding that Clarence Thomas resign. Sign the petition to Senators Murkowski and Collins, telling them to atone for their support of right-wing judges. Tell President Biden: No Retaliation Against Countries Who Bypass WTO Rules to Fight COVID.
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven.
- Then please let us know if you act.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can.
There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to ramp up our victories in 2022. Hope to see you soon!