PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 8-12-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
While the Trump indictments and MAGA Republican insanity running amuck has dominated the news, we’ve been focused on action that can actually bring us tangible results and progressive victories.
We’re proud that our activists were a part of the big victory in Ohio on Tuesday via our 501(c)(4) Progressives for Democracy in America, and our folks have been hitting doors locally and phones from across the country for our endorsed candidate in the special election for Congress in RI-01, Aaron Regunberg. Primary day is Sept. 5th, so we’re in serious GOTV there.
Of course the dominating news story this past week was/is Trump’s January 6th indictment. PDA activists across the country organized and/or participated in “Not Above The Law” rallies via a huge coalition effort.
In the upcoming week we’ll also combat the Climate Emergency by organizing for the big Stop Fossil Fuels actions on Sept. 15, continue to work for peace, and fight for social, economic, and racial justice, as always.
We’ll continue the struggle, 7 days a week, and we hope you’ll join us as well.
Just an hour here or there can make a real difference when it’s focused on a productive project.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: No Fossil Fuels/Climate Emergency Actions Plus On To Another Progressive Victory in Congress.
PDA’s Senior Strategic Advisor on Climate, Russell Greene, will lay out how we can all participate in the huge coalition effort to combat the Climate Emergency around the U.N. meeting in September, we’ll have a message from Aaron Regunberg on how his campaign for Congress in the special election Sept. 5 is going, and more. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
- Call on the U.S. Senate and Department of Justice to Initiate a Formal Investigation of Clarence Thomas Now;
- Tell Democratic candidates: Reject support from AIPAC;
- Sign the petition: Support striking screenwriters and actors. Solidarity!
- Like and share this Instagram Video on country music’s Jason Aldean’s debacle;
- Become a Grassroots Co-Sponsor of Bernie’s College for All Act;
- Support Rep. Cori Bush’s Reparations Now Resolution;
- Tell Governors: Lead the Fight to Ban Book Bans Now;
- Tell the Biden Administration: Protect Child Workers from Corporate Exploitation;
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows. Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team