PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 7-9-22
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Been a busy week.
We’ve been focused on our work to help get our endorsed candidates elected in their upcoming primaries (next up: Donna Edwards in MD-04 July 19), while simultaneously working on ways combat the insanity coming out of the Supreme Court—from women’s rights and the implications that ruling presents for the LGBTQ community and other vulnerable populations, gun rights, and our government’s rights to regulate corporations on the environment and more.
We’ve also been working to stymie the Trumpist insurrectionists and their allies who continue to attack our democracy.
Add to that our work for peace in Ukraine and around the globe, and ending the horrific deaths we saw on the immigration front, and it makes for a jam-packed 7 days.
And we have no intention of slowing down.
Join PDA activists nationwide, in every state of the union, as we show solidarity with each other and our community as a whole to make the world a better place for all.
Pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
- Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Healthcare for All, New COVID variant, and Delia Ramirez. We’ll be discussing how we all defeat the variant, make Expanded and Improved Medicare for All a reality, and get uber-progressive Candidate for Congress Delia Ramirez elected. You’ll leave inspired, energized, and organized. RSVP here.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about upcoming elections for our endorsed candidates and other important projects. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. Even if all you can invest is an hour. We need our phones on fire to bring home these victories! Click here to join.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
- For “Clicktivists”: Sign the petition to help us get the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) certified NOW. Sign the petition demanding that Clarence Thomas resign. Sign the petition to Senators Murkowski and Collins, telling them to atone for their support of right-wing judges. Tell President Biden: No Retaliation Against Countries Who Bypass WTO Rules to Fight COVID. Tell Congress to pass a tax on major carbon-based fuel companies. Tell President Biden to use his powers to ramp up a green response to Putin and rising fuel prices.
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven.
- Then please let us know if you act.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can.
There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to ramp up our victories in 2022. Hope to see you soon!