PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 7/31/21
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Critically Important Work Continues: Here’s How You Can Help
We were proud to stand with Rev. Jesse Jackson, Rev. William Barber, Barbara Arnwine, and over 30 other patriots including PDA champions Isabel O’Neal, Ken Kenegos, and State Senator Martin Quezada, as they were arrested this past Monday for participating in a peaceful sit-in outside of US Senator Kyrsten Sinema’s office to bring an end to the filibuster and pass the voting rights legislation we so desperately need.
That work will continue in the upcoming week as we work with the massive coalition demanding that #RecessCanWait so they can pass the much needed legislation. Keep your eyes peeled on your in box for more.
Between now and end of day Tuesday we’ll be pushing hard nationwide to make sure Nina Turner wins her election on Tuesday in OH-11.
We have a very busy week before us, and we hope you’ll join us.
- 1) Help make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, Aug. 1, 4pm Eastern.
Join us as we commemorate the 56th anniversary of Medicare, and showcase the PDA National leadership team and their perspective on this pivotal moment in our electoral politics with the Nina Turner election and more. If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
- Help Nina Turner Win. Election is Tuesday! Make easy calls (preferred) or texts from home. Let us know when you can start!
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and stop the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
- For “Clicktivists”: Please “like” our Facebook page, and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven. Then sign and share this petition to stop the filibuster. Contact your Senators and tell them to expand Medicare coverage, invest in clean energy and infrastructure, and follow Bernie’s lead in the upcoming massive reconciliation bill. Also, tell them to pass the For The People Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, and to find a way around the filibuster if need be. Then please let us know if you act.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today, tomorrow, and every day this week.