PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 7-30-22
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
While the Department of Justice and the House January 6th Committee have been doing their jobs, we spent the week pushing hard for our endorsed candidates with primaries on Tuesday, August 2, battling the climate emergency, promoting peace, and more.
And we won’t be slowing down over the upcoming week. Join PDA activists nationwide, in every state of the union, as we show solidarity with each other and our community as a whole to make the world a better place for all.
Pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together. We need you in the game today!
- Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists, Getting Progressives Elected, and More.We’ll be discussing how to push back against the Trumpists by getting democracy-defending progressives elected. We’ll also hear from Marjorie Cohn (pictured above), former president of the National Lawyers Guild and PDA Advisory Board Member, as she gives us her insights on the path forward to convictions for Trump and the traitors in his inner circle. You’ll leave inspired, energized, and organized. RSVP here.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about upcoming elections for our endorsed candidates and other important projects. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us, even if all you can invest is an hour. We need our phones on fire every day to bring home these victories! Click here to join.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
- For “Clicktivists”: Tell President Biden to declare a Climate Emergency. Sign the petition tohelp us get the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) certified NOW. Sign the petition demanding that Clarence Thomas resign. Sign the petition to Senators Murkowski and Collins, telling them to atone for their support of right-wing judges. Tell President Biden: No Retaliation Against Countries Who Bypass WTO Rules to Fight COVID.
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven.
- Then please let us know if you act.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can.
There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to ramp up our victories in 2022. Hope to see you soon!