PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 7/3/2021
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
The Important Work Continues
The past week has had some exclamation points on both the good and bad sides. TrumpCo and its employees are finally going to see their day in court. Then, the Supreme Court failed us miserably on voting rights.
Voting rights must be defended by legislative action, and Congress will not act without grassroots pressure. So we need to double down on getting into the street to demand that the Senate pass the For the People Act and more.
Join in one or more of the actions below, and together, we can make the change we so desperately need a reality!
- Attend a For The People Act Voting Rights event near you! We must show the media and the Senate that the fight for voting rights is far from over. Click here for details.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and stop the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
- Help elect solid progressives like Nina Turner in upcoming special elections. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks and more. Sign up here.
- For “Clicktivists,” here are easy action alerts and petitions. Tell President Biden to lock all new fossil fuel projects and invest in a clean energy future, and also tell him to call on Egypt to suspend death sentences for peaceful protestors. Then, if you or someone you know has suffered food insecurity, share your story with Rep. Jim McGovern who is calling for President Biden to name a White House conference on hunger. Plus, help us make the recent child tax credit permanent. Support sensible gun safety legislation, and tell your US House Rep. to support Ro Khanna’s new state-based healthcare for all bill. Sign and share, and please let us know if you act.
- Can’t volunteer? Then please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it happen.
Whew! Lots going on! Thanks so much for anything you can do.