PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 7-29-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
This past week we held our largest Disabilities Issue Organizing Team call ever as we commemorated the anniversary of the Americans With Disabilities Act. We also held our monthly Labor and Economics Issue Organizing Team call, and stood with labor in support of striking workers.
We’ve been working in coalition with healthcare organizations to organize around Medicare’s 58th Birthday on Sunday, and our weekly town hall will include recognition of that birth.
In the upcoming week we’ll combat the Climate Emergency, work for peace, and fight for social and racial justice, as well as justice for Trumpist insurrectionists.
We’ll continue the struggle, 7 days a week, and we hope you’ll join us as well.
Just an hour here or there can make a real difference when it’s focused on a productive project.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Medicare Birthday Party and Keith Ellison with his new book. Featured Guest Keith Ellison—progressive powerhouse, current Attorney General of Minnesota, and former Medicare for All-supporting Congressman—will discuss his new book on combating police violence. We’ll also re-commit ourselves to getting Expanded and Improved Medicare for All. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
- Tell Democratic candidates: Reject support from AIPAC;
- Sign the petition: Support striking screenwriters and actors. Solidarity!
- Become a Grassroots Co-Sponsor of Bernie’s College for All Act;
- Support Rep. Cori Bush’s Reparations Now Resolution;
- Tell Governors: Lead the Fight to Ban Book Bans Now;
- Tell the Biden Administration: Protect Child Workers from Corporate Exploitation;
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
- Tell Congress: Pass Medicare for All now!
- Prioritize Working People & the Planet in any Indo-Pacific Trade Deal;
- Stop union-busting at Trader Joe’s;
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on X (formerly Twitter), Instagram, Mastadon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or Tumblr if you’re a social media maven;
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows. Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team