PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 7-22-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
This past week we continued our work to combat the Climate Emergency, to stand with labor as more and more workers are standing up for fair wages and conditions while corporate profits soar, and to fight for social and racial justice, and justice for Trumpist insurrectionists.
We’ll continue the struggle, 7 days a week, and we hope you’ll join us as well.
Just an hour here or there can make a real difference when it’s focused on a productive project.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists and Corporate Democrats with Progressive Candidates and Policies. Featured this week: updates on insurrectionist justice, and how we can all combat the Climate Emergency and get the Freedom to Vote Act passed. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
- Sign the petition: Support striking screenwriters and actors. Solidarity!
- Become a Grassroots Co-Sponsor of Bernie’s College for All Act;
- Support Rep. Cori Bush’s Reparations Now Resolution;
- Tell Governors: Lead the Fight to Ban Book Bans Now;
- Tell the Biden Administration: Protect Child Workers from Corporate Exploitation;
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
- Tell Congress: Pass Medicare for All now!
- Prioritize Working People & the Planet in any Indo-Pacific Trade Deal;
- Stop union-busting at Trader Joe’s;
- Tell President Biden: Bring young people to the table;
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Mastadon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or Tumblr if you’re a social media maven;
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows. Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team