PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 7/17/21
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
The Important Work Continues: Here’s How You Can Help
We’re coming off a two-week push on the For the People Act events across the country, and another push this week for Good Trouble vigils honoring the late, great John Lewis and demanding that the Senate pass legislation to combat draconian voter suppression laws being passed by Trumpublicans in states across the country.
Coming up, with the new reconciliation package on the table, we’ll be working hard to make sure the eventual infrastructure bill is as progressive as is passable, and we’re calling for an “all hands on deck” moment in our final push to victory for Nina Turner in OH-11.
We’ve been working hard for racial, social, economic, and environmental justice and peace, and we have even more to get done over the upcoming week, but we’ll make it all happen if you are in with us.
Join in one or more of the actions below, and together, we can make the change we so desperately need a reality!
- Help make the country healthier and stand with Nina Turner.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, July 18, 4pm Eastern; 3pm Central; 2pm Mountain; 1pm Pacific/AZ; 12pm AK; 10am HI.
Special Guest Speakers: Nina Turner (Hello, Somebody!), running for OH-11 in the special election primary Aug. 3, and another champion and candidate for Congress in CA-30, Shervin Aazami. This Zoom will be our last opportunity to be with Nina before her election, so don’t miss it! If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and stop the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
- Help elect solid progressives like Nina in upcoming special elections. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks and more. Sign up here.
- For “Clicktivists,”: Please “like” our Facebook page, and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven. Then contact your Senators and tell them to expand Medicare coverage, invest in clean energy and infrastructure ,and follow Bernie’s lead in the upcoming massive reconciliation bill. Also, tell them to pass the For The People Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, and to find a way around the filibuster if need be. Contact your House Rep. and tell them to sign onto the Dear Colleague Letter circulating from Reps. Ro Khanna and Ilhan Omar calling for an end to all fossil fuel subsidies. Then please let us know if you act.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it happen.
Whew! Lots going on, and we’re up to the task if you are! Thanks so much for anything you can do.