PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 7/10/21
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
The Important Work Continues: Here’s How You Can Help
Trumpublicans know that their path to power depends on spreading fear and distrust through the Big Lie of election fraud and suppressing the votes of earnest citizens who want a fair playing field. PDA has spent many hours this past week getting people in the streets and on the phones to protect our foundational right to vote. We are building a volunteer corps of Congressional Liaisons to combat disinformation and educate elected officials on sound progressive policy. And we are on the ground in Ohio, where the corporate wing of the Democratic Party is trying to derail progressive champion Nina Turner’s bid for Congress. Meanwhile, the pandemic is waning where vaccination rates are high, and raging where vaccine skepticism, a direct result of Trumpublican politicization, is prevalent.
We’ve been working hard for racial, social, economic, and environmental justice and peace, and we have even more to get done over the upcoming week, but we’ll make it all happen if you are in with us.
Join in one or more of the actions below, and together, we can make the change we so desperately need a reality! Help make the country healthier.
- PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, July 11
4pm Eastern; 3pm Central; 2pm Mountain; 1pm Pacific/AZ; 12pm AK; 10am HI.
Special Guest Speaker: Candidate for CA Assembly and SP/MFA CA coalition organizer Pilar Schiavo. (NOTE: Next Sunday July 18, we welcome candidate for Congress former OH State Senator Nina Turner!) If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
- Call (best) or email your Senators about expanding Medicare coverage. Lower the eligibility age and expand the benefits. Click here for all Senators’ contact info.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and stop the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
- Help elect solid progressives like Nina Turner in upcoming special elections. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks and more. Sign up here.
- For “Clicktivists,” here are easy action alerts and petitions. Tell President Biden to lock all new fossil fuel projects and invest in a clean energy future and also tell him to call on Egypt to suspend death sentences for peaceful protestors. Then, if you or someone you know has suffered food insecurity, share your story with Rep. Jim McGovern who is calling for President Biden to name a White House conference on hunger. Plus, help us make the recent child tax credit permanent. Support sensible gun safety legislation, and tell your US House Rep. to support Ro Khanna’s new state-based healthcare for all bill. Sign and share, and please let us know if you act.
- Can’t volunteer? Then please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it happen.
Whew! Lots going on, and we’re up to the task if you are! Thanks so much for anything you can do.