PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 7-08-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
As we all tried to stay cool and safe during the during the record-breaking heat wave, we continued to work not only to address the climate emergency, but also to stand for social, economic, and racial justice; peace; and legal justice for all who break the law, regardless of if they were president or in another position of power. Nobody is above the law.
As we do every week, 52 weeks a year, we’ll continue to build our progressive movement by contacting voters and inviting them to join us as we work towards critical mass.
Just like those small drops of water that eventually erode a hole in a rock, we will talk to one voter at a time, one step following another, daily, without wavering, and in solidarity with each other toward a world that’s more just for all.
It’s hard work, but we will get there, if we simply believe in and act for each other.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Supreme Court Insanity, Cutting the Pentagon’s Budget, and Recent Atrocities Along the West Bank. Two Special Guest Speakers:
- Savannah Wooten of Public Citizen on how we can all help cut the bloated Pentagon budget;
- Illinois State Representative Abdelnasser Rashid, reporting from the West Bank.
2) Join the National Phone Team. Sign up with this juggernaut and make a real difference an hour here, an hour there (like we did in Virginia last month!), on your schedule. Sign up here, let us know what day you can set an hour aside, and we’ll get you cookin’ calling fellow PDA folks. We’ll make sure you’re doing something easy but productive!
- Become a Grassroots Co-Sponsor of Bernie’s College for All Act;
- Support Rep. Cori Bush’s Reparations Now Resolution;
- Tell Governors: Lead the Fight to Ban Book Bans Now;
- Tell the Biden Administration: Protect Child Workers from Corporate Exploitation;
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
- Tell Congress: Pass Medicare for All now!
- Prioritize Working People & the Planet in any Indo-Pacific Trade Deal;
- Stop union-busting at Trader Joe’s;
- Tell President Biden: Bring young people to the table;
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Mastadon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or Tumblr if you’re a social media maven;
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows.
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team