PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 7-01-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
Candidly, it was a tough week of Supreme Court decisions, but we will not let that damage the momentum we’ve built with big wins in Virginia and more to come!
We’ll continue our electoral and issues-related work around social, economic, racial, and environmental justice; peace; and legal justice for all who break the law, regardless of if they were president or in another position of power. Nobody is above the law.
And we’ll continue to build our progressive movement by contacting voters and inviting them to join us as we work towards critical mass.
There’s no question we can bring about the changes we all want. We simply need to remain focused and in solidarity with each other, and move forward, one step at a time. Relentlessly. And with love in our hearts.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists With Progressive Candidates and Policies: Big Wins in VA and Progressive Patriotism. Special Guest Speakers will be two of our endorsed candidates for VA State Senate who beat incumbent corporatists in the recent primary: Saddam Salim and Stella Pekarsky. Also Professor Harvey J. Kaye on how progressives can express patriotism. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
2) Join the National Phone Team. Sign up with this juggernaut and make a real difference an hour here, an hour there (like we did in Virginia last week!), on your schedule. Sign up here, let us know what day you can set an hour aside, and we’ll get you cookin’ calling fellow PDA folks. We’ll make sure you’re doing something easy but productive!
3) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
4) For “Clicktivists”—Sign/Share:
- Become a Grassroots Co-Sponsor of Bernie’s College for All Act;
- Support Rep. Cori Bush’s Reparations Now Resolution;
- Tell Governors: Lead the Fight to Ban Book Bans Now;
- Tell the Biden Administration: Protect Child Workers from Corporate Exploitation;
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
- Tell Congress: Pass Medicare for All now!
- Prioritize Working People & the Planet in any Indo-Pacific Trade Deal;
- Stop union-busting at Trader Joe’s;
- Tell President Biden: Bring young people to the table;
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Mastadon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or Tumblr if you’re a social media maven;
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows.
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team