PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 6/26/21
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
The Important Work Continues
From George Floyd’s murderer being sentenced, to Rudy Giuliani having his law license suspended in New York, we’ve seen some steps in the right direction this past week.
We’ve been working hard for racial, social, economic, and environmental justice and peace, and we have even more to get done over the upcoming week, but we’ll make it all happen if you are in with us.
Join in one or more of the actions below, and together, we can make the change we so desperately need a reality!
- Help make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, June 27
4pm Eastern; 3pm Central; 2pm Mountain; 1pm Pacific/AZ; 12pm AK; 10am HI.
Join Dr. Bill Honigman and PDA Advisory Board Chair Donna Smith, along with SiCKO cast members Rev. Andy Bales, Adrian Montgomery, Reggie Cervantes, Julie Pierce-Waite.Segment two will feature author, and advocate Nicolas J. S. (Sandy) Davies, on Vaccine Internationalism., in addition to our ongoing updates on COVID-19. If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
- Attend a For The People Act Voting Rights event near you! We must show the media and the Senate that the fight for voting rights is far from over. Click here for details.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and stop the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
- Help elect solid progressives like Nina Turner in upcoming special elections. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks and more. Sign up here.
- For “Clicktivists,” here are easy action alerts and petitions. Tell President Biden to lock all new fossil fuel projects and invest in a clean energy future and also tell him to call on Egypt to suspend death sentences for peaceful protestors. Then, if you or someone you know has suffered food insecurity, share your story with Rep. Jim McGovern who is calling for President Biden to name a White House conference on hunger. Plus, help us make the recent child tax credit permanent. Support sensible gun safety legislation, and tell your US House Rep. to support Ro Khanna’s new state-based healthcare for all bill. Sign and share, and please let us know if you act.
- Can’t volunteer? Then please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it happen.
Whew! Lots going on! Thanks so much for anything you can do.