PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 6-25-22
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
While we really have needed to be focused on winning elections for our tremendous endorsed candidates with primaries on Tuesday—and we’ve been on it—we’ve also been combating the the attacks on our democracy on January 6th and since, and now we have to contend with a rogue Supreme Court that has presented us with an insane gun ruling, and now stripped 50-year-old rights away from women who seek to control their own bodies.
Dark times require a serious response.
Join PDA activists nationwide, in every state of the union, as we show solidarity with each other and our community as a whole to make the world a better place for all.
Pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
- Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: We’ll be discussing our next steps to combat a Supreme Court gone wild, insurrectionists and those who continue to erode our democracy, and how we can move in the right direction by bringing home victories in Tuesday’s primaries. Join activists from across the country and leave inspired, energized, and organized. RSVP here.
- Join the National Phone Team Doing GOTV for Tuesday, June 28, primaries. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about the election and our endorsed candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. We need our phones on fire to bring home these victories! Click here to join.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
- For “Clicktivists”: Sign the petition demanding that Clarence Thomas resign. Sign the petition to Senators Murkowski and Collins, telling them to atone for their support of right-wing judges. Tell President Biden: No Retaliation Against Countries Who Bypass WTO Rules to Fight COVID. Tell Congress to make the nation’s first Climate Reserve. Tell Congress to pass a tax on major carbon-based fuel companies. Tell President Biden to use his powers to ramp up a green response to Putin and rising fuel prices.
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven.
- Then please let us know if you act.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can.
There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to ramp up our victories in 2022. Hope to see you soon!