PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 6-24-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
We’re pumped about playing a role in 4/possibly 5 big progressive wins for Virginia State Senate seats in the Democratic Primary this past Tuesday. PDA activists knocked doors in Virginia and made calls from across the country in a great showing of solidarity, and it paid off big!
We’ll continue this electoral work, as well as issues-related work around social, economic, racial, and environmental justice; peace; and legal justice for all who break the law, regardless of if they were president or in another position of power. Nobody is above the law.
And we’ll continue to stand proudly with the LGBTQIA+ community during Pride month, as well as throughout the year. Look for a PDA presence at your local Pride event!
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists With Progressive Candidates and Policies: Healthcare for All and Whistleblower Protections. Special Guest Speakers will be Spencer Carnes of Be A Hero (Ady Barkan’s org.) and Lisa Dekker of Puget Sound Advocates for Retirement Action, discussing how we prevent the corporate takeover of Medicare. We’ll also remember Daniel Ellsberg and discuss the challenges faced by whistleblowers like Julian Assange. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
2) Join a Local Pride Event. Show solidarity with the community by attending a local pride event. Let us know if you’ll be attending one/where and we’ll connect you with PDA folks attending as well.
3) Join the National Phone Team. Sign up with this juggernaut and make a real difference an hour here, an hour there (like we did in Virginia this past week!), on your schedule. Sign up here, let us know what day you can set an hour aside, and we’ll get you cookin’ calling fellow PDA folks. We’ll make sure you’re doing something easy but productive!
4) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
5) For “Clicktivists”—Sign/Share:
- Tell Congress: Pass Medicare for All now!
- Prioritize Working People & the Planet in any Indo-Pacific Trade Deal;
- Stop union-busting at Trader Joe’s;
- Tell President Biden: Bring young people to the table;
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Mastadon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or Tumblr if you’re a social media maven;
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows.
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team