PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 6-18-22
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Much Done, and Much More To Do:
Here’s How You Can Help Us Win This Week
We’ve been working for our endorsed candidates with primaries on June 28th, following the January 6th Committee hearings and spreading the word that Trump and his associates must be held legally accountable for their actions, demanding a better bill in the Senate to stem gun violence, supporting the Poor People’s marches across the country, and keeping a close eye on the Supreme Court ruling that could have dramatic impact on the Climate Emergency.
We continue to stand with our brothers and sisters impacted by DACA, as well. This past Wednesday was the 10 year anniversary of DACA, and we stand to this day with the statement put out 10 years ago by our folks in Arizona: “To the “Dreamers, we salute you. Your active resistance, courage and unwavering struggle for justice and fairness, is starting to pay off. We encourage you now to continue to lead the fight for a complete reform of the system, including legislative implementation of the Dream Act.” And the struggle, unfortunately, continues.
We will also celebrate Juneteenth on Sunday, as well as stand with the people of Ukraine, calling for peace there, and everywhere, around the globe.
Join PDA activists nationwide, in every state of the union, as we show solidarity with each other and our community as a whole to make the world a better place for all.
Pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
- Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: We’ll be celebrating Father’s Day and Juneteenth as we feature progressive congressional candidates Jonathan Jackson and Junaid Ahmed and activists across the country discussing next steps to save our democracy, combat gun violence, promote equality, and more. RSVP here
- Join the National Phone Team Doing GOTV for Tuesday, June 28, primaries. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about the election and our endorsed candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. We need our phones on fire to bring home these victories! Click here to join.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
- For “Clicktivists”: Tell the Senate to End The Filibuster on a Serious Gun Safety Bill. Sign the petition to support Bernie’s new Expanded and Improved Medicare for All Bill. Sign the petition to Senators Murkowski and Collins, telling them to atone for their support of right-wing judges. Tell Congress to make the nation’s first Climate Reserve. Tell Congress to pass a tax on major carbon-based fuel companies. Tell President Biden to use his powers to ramp up a green response to Putin and rising fuel prices.
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven.
- Then please let us know if you act.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can.
There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to ramp up our victories in 2022. Hope to see you soon!