PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 6-10-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
Of course, all the news is about Trump’s indictment right now, and after multiple nationwide coalition campaigns supporting “Nobody Is Above The Law” we’re glad to see our work move into the next stage towards justice. At the same time we’re saddened that this has been required. We will continue to work to help heal this nation and support a thriving democracy and transparent rule of law.
We’ll also continue our work for social, economic, racial, and environmental justice, and peace.
Through our sister organization, Progressives for Democracy in America, we’re hitting phones and doors hard for the upcoming primary in VA until polls close June 20.
And we proudly stand with the LGBTQIA community during Pride Month, and look forward to winning back rights and protections being stripped in Florida and elsewhere.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists With Progressive Candidates and Policies: Combating Attacks on the LGBTQI+ Community and Book Banning, in General. Special Guests: Nadine Smith, Executive Director of Equality Florida and one of TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World, 2022, along with Illinois State Rep. Anne Stava-Murray, who wrote and got passed the first anti-book-banning legislation in the country. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
4) For “Clicktivists”—Sign/Share:
- Tell Governors: Lead the Fight to Ban Book Bans Now;
- Tell the Biden Administration: Protect Child Workers from Corporate Exploitation;
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
- Tell Congress: Pass Medicare for All now!
- Prioritize Working People & the Planet in any Indo-Pacific Trade Deal;
- Stop union-busting at Trader Joe’s;
- Tell President Biden: Bring young people to the table;
- Support Taxing Wealth Like Work;
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Mastadon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or Tumblr if you’re a social media maven;
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team