PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 6-03-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
We come off of an admittedly challenging week vis a vis the debt ceiling negotiations, but the good news is the Trumpist MAGA Republicans didn’t throw us into default or shred most of the gains made in recent legislation, and we will continue to battle for social, economic, racial, and environmental justice, peace, an end to corporate rule, and to defend against attacks on our democracy and rule of law.
We’ve been hitting phones and doors hard for the upcoming primary in VA, and will continue to do so until polls close June 20.
And we proudly stand with the LGBTQIA community during Pride Month, and look forward to winning back rights and protections being stripped in Florida and elsewhere.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists With Progressive Candidates and Policies. We’ll discuss economic justice and ways we can combat the housing/homeless crisis with homeless advocate Brenda Siegel and the Oregon Rebate Initiative’s Antonio Gisbert, along with a quick update on upcoming elections. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
- Tell Congress: Pass Medicare for All now!
- Prioritize Working People & the Planet in any Indo-Pacific Trade Deal;
- Stop union-busting at Trader Joe’s;
- Tell President Biden: Bring young people to the table;
- Support Taxing Wealth Like Work;
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Mastadon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or Tumblr if you’re a social media maven;
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows.
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team