PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 5-27-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
We’ve been combating the Trumpists as they hold our people, our economy, and the full faith and credit of the United States hostage in order to add on extreme, cruel, corporation-friendly legislation on to what should just be a clean bill to raise the debt limit.
We held our monthly Disabilities Issue Organizing team call, our Inside the Party call, and our Campaign to Victory call focused organizing for wins in the upcoming VA elections.
We look forward to continuing this work and more for social, economic, racial, and environment justice, peace, and rule of law over the upcoming week.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists With Progressive Candidates and Policies. We’ll discuss the debt ceiling debacle, the CA Dem Party Convention taking place this weekend, and VA elections. Featured Speaker: Heidi Drauschak, tremendous new progressive candidate for State Senate. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
- Tell Congress: Pass Medicare for All now!
- Prioritize Working People & the Planet in any Indo-Pacific Trade Deal;
- Stop union-busting at Trader Joe’s;
- Tell President Biden: Bring young people to the table;
- Support Taxing Wealth Like Work;
- Tell President Biden to sign only a clean debt ceiling bill with no cuts to the social safety net. Then contact your House Member and Senators;
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Mastadon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or Tumblr if you’re a social media maven;
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows.
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team