PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 5-21-22
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Much Done, and Much More To Do:
Here’s How You Can Help Us Win This Week
It’s great to have momentum from the wins in Pennsylvania and Oregon Tuesday, and we’ll continue pushing hard for our endorsed candidates with elections on Tuesday, May 24: Jessica Cisneros in TX and Vincent Fort in GA.
This work—along with our issues work on Bernie’s new Medicare for All Bill, Rep. Blumenauer’s Climate Emergency bill, The 21st-Century Economic Bill of Rights, peace in Ukraine and beyond, combating gun violence, ending the filibuster, fighting for women’s rights and racial justice, as well as preserving democracy itself—has made it a pretty busy week, and we won’t be slowing down any time soon!
Join PDA activists from nationwide, in every state of the union, as we show solidarity with each other and our community as a whole to make the world a better place for all.
Pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
- Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: How Last Tuesday Proved We Can Win with Progressive Issues and Hard Work, and Next Steps. Featuring progressive rock star congressional candidate Angelica Duenas, we’ll discuss Bernie’s New Medicare for All bill and more. We’d love to hear about what’s going on in your area! RSVP here.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about important actions and our endorsed candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. We need our phones on fire this week! Click here to join.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
- For “Clicktivists”: Sign the petition to support Bernie’s new Expanded and Improved Medicare for All Bill. Sign the petition to Sens. Murkowski and Collins to tell them to atone for their support of right-wing judges. Tell Congress to make the nation’s first Climate Reserve. Tell Congress to pass a tax on major carbon-based fuel companies. Tell President Biden to use his powers to ramp up a green response to Putin and rising fuel prices.
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven.
- Then please let us know if you act.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can.
There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to ramp up our victories in 2022. Hope to see you soon!