PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 5-06-23. Join us!
by Mike Fox
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
We’ve been working to help make Housing a Human Right, and bring economic, social, racial, and environmental justice for all. Our 501(c)(4) sister organization—Progressives for Democracy in America—has been working to help local progressive candidates with elections right around the corner from Pennsylvania to Virginia, and working progressive local issues across the country. We’re looking forward to playing a very active roll in the introduction of the new Expanded and Improved Medicare for All bill dropping in the U.S. House and Senate..
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together. We need you with us today!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists with Progressive Candidates and Policies. Featured Topics: Winning in PA, and VA, and turning our big wins in Chicago into progressive laws for the people with special guest, activist Joy Bunton. Also, a sneak peek of our plans for the 2024 Chicago DNC Convention, where we’re planning our largest event, ever. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
- Stop union-busting at Trader Joe’s;
- Tell President Biden: Bring young people to the table;
- Support Taxing Wealth Like Work;
- Tell President Biden to sign only a clean debt ceiling bill with no cuts to the social safety net. Then contact your House Member and Senators;
- Tell New York to televise Trump’s trial;
- Sign the petition to support the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau;
- Demand Congress act to pass the Billionaire Minimum Income Tax;
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Mastadon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or Tumblr if you’re a social media maven;
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows.
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team