PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 4-30-22
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Much Done, and Much More To Do:
Here’s How You Can Help This Week
Earth Day is over, May Day approaches, and election season is heating up. Much like last week, we’ve been fighting the Climate Crisis, celebrating and building upon the labor victories for Starbucks employees in Virginia and elsewhere, standing for peace, and bringing home votes for our endorsed candidates with primaries/special elections in Ohio, Texas, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina coming soon.
We look forward to continuing this work, and getting folks mobilized around Bernie Sanders dropping his new Expanded and Improved Medicare For All bill in the Senate.
We’ll continue our fight to combat the Climate Emergency, stand for social, economic, and racial justice, and bring those involved in the January 6th insurrection to justice.
Join PDA activists from across the country, in every state of the union, as we show solidarity with each other and our community as a whole to make the world a better place for all.
Pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise, together!
- Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Great Candidate, Medicare For All, And More. Dr. Bill will host our monthly event focused on healthcare, as we discuss the anticipated drop of Bernie’s new Expanded And Improved Medicare For All Bill, and we feature one of our endorsed congressional candidates Amy Vilela, a true warrior in the fight for healthcare as a human right! RSVP here.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about important actions and our endorsed candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. Click here to join.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
- For “Clicktivists”: Tell Congress to make the nation’s first Climate Reserve. Tell Congress to pass a tax on major carbon-based fuel companies. Tell President Biden to use his powers to ramp up a green response to Putin and rising fuel prices.
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven.
- Then please let us know if you act.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to ramp up our victories in 2022. Hope to see you soon!