PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 4-2-22
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Much Done, And Much More To Do:
Here’s How You Can Help This Week
We’ve been standing with workers, fighting for a living wage and the right to unionize, so it’s wonderful to see the historic vote to unionize at the large Amazon facility in New York, more Starbucks locations across the country, and some encouraging job numbers in general being announced by the White House.
Meanwhile, we’ve continued to stand strong with the Ukrainian people, demanding a ceasefire, the immediate withdrawal of Russian troops, and serious talks that can bring lasting peace to the region.
We’re also working to impose a windfall tax on the oil companies that are gouging us all.
We’ll continue to stand with Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson, with an expected vote in the Senate next week.
And we’re working to make sure that Trump, Clarence Thomas, his wife, and all those who played a role in the January 6th insurrection are brought to justice, and that crazy right-wing candidates are defeated and replaced with real progressives.
Yes, we’ve been busy, and we will continue to be, 7 days a week.
We hope you’ll join us for one or more of the actions below. Together, step by step, day by day, we’ll make a real difference!
- Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Medicare For All, Supporting Tremendous Progressive Candidates, plus updates on labor wins and more. Our featured candidate is future Squad Member Erika Smith, and Dr. Bill Honigman will give us some great news on Medicare For All, along with good news on labor and more.RSVP here.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about important actions and our endorsed candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us.Click here to join.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and end the filibuster in the Senate.Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
- For “Clicktivists”:Tell Congress to pass a taxon major carbon-based fuel companies.Tell President Biden to use his powers to ramp up a green response to Putin and rising fuel prices. Stop theFox NewsDisinformation Machine, and prevent the privatization of Medicare.
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven.
- Then please let us know if you act.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to ramp up our victories in 2022. Hope to see you soon!