PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 4-15-23
Yet another busy week in PDALand.
We’ve been hard at work for women’s rights, gun safety, the environment, fair taxation, peace, and justice.
We’ll continue working these issues with added focus on combating the Trumpists from holding the government hostage during the upcoming debt ceiling negotiations.
And another busy week before us!
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together. We need you with us today!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Progressives Winning In Rural Districts. Yes we can win rural districts, and we’ll discuss how. Featured Guests: Co-Founder of the Rural Urban Bridge Initiative Anthony Flaccavento, and enviro-activist and PDA-endorsed Congressional Candidate from rural Oregon Jamie McLeod-Skinner. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
- Support Taxing Wealth Like Work;
- Tell New York to televise Trump’s trial;
- Demand Testimony from Silicon Valley and Signature Bank Execs;
- Sign the petition to support the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau;
- Tell Congress to Protect 80,000 Afghan refugees. Pass the Afghan Adjustment Act;
- Tell President Biden to sign only a clean debt ceiling bill with no cuts to the social safety net. Then contact your House Member and Senators;
- Demand Congress act to pass the Billionaire Minimum Income Tax;
- Ban members of Congress from buying and selling individual stocks;
- Demand that Congress kick corrupt George Santos out;
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Mastadon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or Tumblr if you’re a social media maven;
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows.
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team